Friday, May 1, 2009

So curious about our monkey....

I love all the Curious George books and enjoyed reading them to my classroom of 1st graders when I was teaching in Chicago..These books now make me think about our own little monkey(a.k.a. Baby Sherman). Geoff and I are convinced that Baby Sherman will arrive one glorious day and will have a full head of dark hair. We think that between her daddy and her mommy she will never need a hair transplant or rogaine for that matter. For that reason we call her our 'sweet little monkey'.

Close to 2 pounds now, our little monkey is quite active! She is without fail the most active at 9pm every night as I lay down for bed. This is the time, I think, when she is debuting her new and improved gymnastic moves. I wonder if she gets that from her mommy when she was a gymnast? The one thing I do know is her bumps and kicks are most powerful and strong at this time of the day. At times they are so strong that it feels really weird to me. I am still amazed at this miracle of life growing inside of me.

So the questions that I have been curious about lately is how does she fit inside my belly and still be comfortable? And of course WHAT DOES SHE LOOK LIKE? So I was driving home the other day and it popped in my head that Baby Sherman would be coming into this world on AUGUST 12th.. Don't know why but I just think that is going to be the glorious day she decides to show her face. Not only that but I have my guess that she will be 7 pounds and 4 ounces and be 19 inches long. As I was telling Geoff my 'prediction' he immediately piped in and said: "no way she is coming early". I said "ok, well you sound so sure." (I have not heard him this sure on anything since he told me it was going to be a girl at week 15). So I am going with it maybe she will come early?

I then asked 'daddy'(aka the psychic) to suggest a date,weight and height. And this is the exact response back to me: " AUGUST 6th and I have no reference for how big a baby is when they come out. If you told me a baby was on average 8 inches long that would sound right". So funny and cute I must say..... So I let him get away with just predicting her birthday after this very smart and very analytical man said 8 inches for the total length of our monkey..

So as we have it now:

Mommy thinks:

August 12th

7 pounds 4 ounces

19 inches

Daddy thinks:

August 6th

no clue

8 inches will be fine!



Just had to share! I love the adventure we have ahead of us and all the uncertainties and questions we will encounter. We may not always know the right answer but we sure will have enough love to go around for our sweet little monkey!