Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today I woke up to a very nice surprise. Not only was Baby Sherman literally doing flips in my belly for over an hour......I crept out of bed ever so quietly so that I would not wake up Geoff and went to the bathroom. I got back to a card lying on my pillow for Mother's Day! What a beautiful surprise. I thought he was still snoring zzzzz's......... As I began to read it, it was from three very important people in my life. Trixie was first up with a thank you very much for all the walks and bones. Baby Sherman was next in line and thanked me for taking such great care of her while she is still swimming around in my belly. She also mentioned enjoying all the 'sweet treats' as we call them in the house. Last was a message from my wonderful husband expressing what a great adventure we had ahead and what a wonderful mother I would be very soon!!! The card was followed by some orange juice in bed too:)
"Motherhood never looked so good"

What a perfect card and very thoughtful from daddy:)

Next up was my Mother's Day present; the book Multiple Blessings from one of our favorites shows: Jon and Kate Plus Eight. We actually got to go and meet Kate Gosselin yesterday at Sams Club for a book signing. I now am reading her book about her journey to motherhood and am finding it very interesting. Yesterday as she was signing my book she saw my belly and ask if " I had only one in there?" For those of you that do not watch this TLC show she is the mother of twin girls and sextuplets. That's a total of 8. WOW!!!! I said" yes there is only one in there" and she responded with a smile " you are one of the lucky ones". She has no idea how lucky I feel right now in my life!Next up was brunch at a place called Crabby's. A great 1 hour was spent enjoying waffles, crepes, bacon, mac-n-cheese, omelets, ect.. You get the point! It was time to indulge..

The buffet.. I am still sitting on the couch trying to recover.....

Happy Mother's Day to both our mothers that continue to show us the importance of love and support over the years. Without your guidance we would not be quite as prepared to take on this journey of having a child of our own. We feel very blessed on this great day and are thinking of all the mommies to be and all the mommies already blessed with the beauitful gift of children!!!!