Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The size of a grown-up duck?


That's what I just read about the size of babies at this point in the pregnancy. What a weird comparison I thought but I am going with it... Baby Sherman could now keep up with the best of the duck families out there I suppose...I am now wondering if the duck reference is more appropriate to describe the way I am walking these days.. hummmm...
Today I went in for my regular appointment with Dr. Hannah and all looked great. It was a quick appointment because as of now, I have no questions or complaints which I guess is a good thing. Actually I did have a complaint... Why the 95-100 degree weather while I am 8 months pregnant? It has been crazy here but Geoff assures me we are in for a cool down next week, only in the upper 80s.. Great I say:)...
Baby Sherman is continuing to grow like a weed as the doctor felt around and estimated her to be about 4 1/2 pounds which explains why I am feeling her body parts all over my belly these days. She will actually push back when I apply pressure to a certain spot at times. We may have a feisty one! The first time that Geoff felt this happen he jumped back and I honestly think gave a little yelp(although I am sure he will not admit it). He thought it was really weird. Another reason to add to my list of why women are the much more suitable sex to have the baby.
Well that is about it.... I will go back to the Doctor's in two weeks and then after that it will be every week until she makes her appearance. Our next appointment is on July 7th which will be our 2 year anniversary. What a wonderful way to be celebrating this year with the excitement and anticipation of knowing we are bringing a new life into this world very soon!