Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We are in love!


Today Geoff and I went in for my 30 week doctors appointment this morning. In addition to all the routine procedures we also had another ultrasound to check on growth and make sure everything was looking good. The doctor said our little girl was just perfect. And yes she was still a little girl...Mommy was worried that she was in knee deep with pink clothes and there was a slight chance it was a boy. But nope we have the green light to wash all the bedding and start putting the room together. It will be pink and white gingham and chocolate brown for our little girl!

I think both mommy and daddy would agree we are completely in love already! I got the sweetest text from Geoff today that said "I am completely in love with her and can't wait for her to get here". It melted my heart and I think she may have daddy wrapped around her finger already:)

Baby Sherman measured right on for 30 weeks and she weighed in at 3 pounds and 4 ounces which is average. Her overall growth was at the 47th percentile!!

We were lucky enough to get few pictures of her while she was busy moving around in mommy's belly. Our favorite is the one I have posted where she is smiling at us. She looks like a little person now. I think she is going to have her daddy's nose and some big bright eyes!!!

After the ultrasound the doctor covered some routine things with us. First was weight gain and what to expect. He said that Baby Sherman will double her weight between now and when she is born so we can expect to have a 7 pound baby. He also went on to say that he suspects that I will go all the way to my due date. So as we see it now, Baby Sherman will be born sometime between August 10th and August 17th because he will not let me go later than a week over my due date. SO exciting to think about for sure!!

Well that was about it. It has been a great day and one filled with lots of exciting news for sure. I go back to see the doctor in 3 weeks when I will be 33 weeks. Tick Tock.... Tick Tock..... It's time to start nesting......