Saturday, January 2, 2010

My trip to Marco Island Florida!

On December 26, 2009 I went on my first vacation. We went to Marco Island Florida with the whole family. My mommy,daddy, Meme, Papa, Uncle Jay, Aunt Laura and my cousins Justin and Jack were all there for the week and we really had a great time. I had a lot of firsts on this trip. My first airplane ride, my first time at the beach, my first taste of ice cream and the list goes on.... It was beautiful weather and nice and relaxing! I can't wait to go back next year over New Years!!

Here is Papa and I on the plane. Even though we had a 4 hour delay in Chicago due to lots of snow this day I was still very good on the plane. I enjoyed exploring every inch of that airplane and didn't really make much of a peep the whole time.
My new favorite thing is drinking water. Here I am trying out the airplane water... mmmmm that was sure good!
So happy to be going on my first vacation and FINALLY off the ground in Chicago. Sunny skies here we come!!


Just lounging around getting my diapers changed on mommy's lap!


YEAH we made it and here I am with Meme helping with the luggage. I had to carry my own bag because there were so many bags.... WOW no one in the family packs light..


See what I mean.... Count how many bags are here....(Jack posing for me)
Mommy called me her beach baby all week... Here I am enjoying some time at the pool!


Beach Baby 2

Beach Baby 3

Mommy and me before dinner...

Daddy and me at dinner... We all had seafood that night(well some of us did). I got stuck with milk again.


After dinner we went to get ice cream and mommy gave me a taste of her vanilla and chocolate swirl.. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good...

And how can you resist these pretty eyes??? Well Meme couldn't so I got ANOTHER lick of ice cream. This time it was double dutch chocolate!!
Next day we all went to the beach.. Here I am with Meme and mommy walking to Tiger Tail beach. Just about a minute later I was snoring zzzzzzz's....


Me and daddy at the beach... He was telling me all about the ocean and the animals that lived underneath. One day I would like to swim in it but this trip it was way too cold for me!

My family photo on the beach...


Daddy and me again! Loving the beach
After our walk on the beach we decided to stop for a snack and drink... Nothing like a little milk at the beach... I think it tasted even better in the sun:)

Meme playing with me while we stopped for a break...

Here are all of us!!!! At the beach and in the sun.. Loving life... I am the littlest one on Meme's lap


After the beach we went back to our house and I got to go swimming with daddy. This was the first time I ever went swimming and I loved it!

A little bit colder than my bath water but still felt pretty good.

Two peas in a pod...



Mommy and daddy bought me a fun toy to sit in while in the pool. Here I am enjoying it!
Mommy's favorite picture of me....
Here I am with my cousin Justin. He was so good to me all week. I really love him and think he could be a really great babysitter!


My mommy and daddy and I in the pool.
My aunt Laura and me!!



Meme and I!
Here was pool time #2 with daddy.. This day it was a little cold for me but I braved it and so did daddy:)
Some pool portraits...





All ready for dinner.... this night was another seafood night..
Meme making funny faces..

Day 2 at the beach... Here I am with mommy enjoying the sand but no sun... I had to stay under the umbrella!


Beach baby beach baby...


Taking it all in... actually I was checking out mommy's pretty toes that are painted and hoping she would put some polish on mine...Here I am with Jack. He was telling me about this strawberry he was eating.. It looked good


That is the end of the trip....... the next day mommy, daddy and I had to go back to Chicago.... It was a perfect 1st trip for me..!! Thank you Meme and Papa for making this trip happen. We love spending the week with everyone and next year when I am walking you better get your rest because I will be running circles around you if you are not careful:)