Sunday, May 9, 2010

Our 1st Mother's Day!

Today I woke up super excited to be sharing my first Mother's day with Geoff and my sweet baby girl. It seems hard to believe after 34 years that I can finally say that I am a mommy. And not only am I a mommy but I have been blessed with a perfect and sweet little girl whose smile and laughter is contagious. They say that there is no love like the love you have for your child and I couldn't agree more. I have learned over the last 9 months how difficult it can be to be a mom as well as how rewarding it can be. Today as I think about my own mother I have such appreciation for all that she did and still does for me 34 years later. The love you feel for your own child is such a blessing. Thanks to my mom who has set the standard very high for raising my own. I am more than lucky to have such a great mom!

Happy Mother's Day!


Avery made me a special hand print with a poem at our Wiggles class on Tuesday. Such a cute little hand print that has already grown so much!
Then daddy and Avery gave me the best gift of all... Daddy put the first book together from Avery's blog. The title is :In Mommy's Tummy and it has every post and picture that I used on my blog from the time we found out we were pregnant till August 5th(the last post before Avery was born). Next up will be putting together Avery's 1st year of life!Daddy and Avery

Mommy and Avery

The three of us went to lunch at Maggiano's to celebrate our 1st Mother's day. Avery literally ate daddy and mommy under the table.. She had all you can eat pasta(for a 9 month old) and all you can eat bread. She had a great time and sat in the chair the whole time making it a very enjoyable lunch for both mommy and daddy.

Then she discovered that she can drop the pasta on the ground and watch it fall.. We couldn't help but laugh at her... Here she is just looking at it on the ground(probably hoping she can get it back):)
Mommy and Avery after lunch with full bellies and big smiles!


Avery and daddy. Avery told daddy today that she was a "lunchin lady"and could really get use to this.
Stopping to check out the pretty flowers


What a great day of celebrating the life of our sweet girl which has made me the happiest mommy in the world!