Tuesday, July 7, 2009

5 weeks to go!

Baby Sherman at 35 weeks..... only 34 days to go!Besides it being our 2nd anniversary today, we also had my 35 week check-up with the doctor and this was an "extra special" one because the doctor was going to check me for any dilation and effacement for the first time. I say "extra special" but I am being sarcastic about that. No one told me that this could be a bit 'uncomfortable' but I am here to tell you it was for me! I wonder what this means for my reaction to labor and delivery.??? Humm... Hope I can grow some big ole muscles and take it like a champ! And hope that epidural comes quickly!

So it looks like I am 1 cm dilated and my cervix is starting to thin out. This is not necessarily an indicator that Baby Sherman is going to come early. We could still go all the way to our due date or beyond. The only thing it does mean is that my body is preparing for labor and delivery which is a good thing!

From here on out we will go into the office every week.

We got the usual checks today and everything looked fine except my fundal height(which is my belly height basically) was measuring small at almost 3 weeks behind so the doctor ordered an ultrasound and Geoff and I got to see our little monkey once again. Much to our relief all is going well in terms of growth and fluid levels. So we have no concerns at this point. She is snug as a bug in there laying in the vertex position(head down) and ready to go! Oh yeah and they estimated her weighing 5 pounds 13 ounces today but there can be as much as a 20% discrepancy but it gives us a ballpark range..

As you can tell from the new picture she was not cooperating today for her picture. She had her hand in front of her face the whole time, but she has got some cute chubby cheeks and the ultrasound technician could see hair. Our monkey has hair!!!!! And still beautiful as ever to her mommy and daddy... wont be long now till we meet her!

This Saturday, July 11th we are going to our all day child birthing class at the hospital. Hope we learn lots of important things we need for the big day because as of now, mommy just knows how to shop and decorate:) and daddy well he knows how to assemble and check the credit card statement!

More to come......