Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weekly Check-In!

Went to the doctors this morning and all looked good. As Dr. Hannah said it is just a "waiting game" now. YIKES! I think both Geoff and I are now getting a little nervous as the time gets near. I am not really so nervous about the labor and delivery part as I am about the realization that we will have a baby in just about 3 weeks from now! I figure that as hard as getting this sweet little baby out of me will be that someone at that hospital will make sure it happens one way or another. Much to my relief Baby Sherman is predicted to be anywhere between 6 1/2 to 7 pounds at birth. I sure hope the Doctor is right about that as I think that sounds "doable" at this point! (I may think otherwise later on in the game)

Well I am still only 1 cm dilated but this week about 80% effaced so my body continues to prepare for the big "workout" as I like to call it. I am sure it will be the hardest "workout" my body has EVER seen! Effaced means that my cervix is thinning out(whatever that means). Pregnacy still remains a mystery to me even at this point...

The prediction for Baby Sherman's arrival is the 1st week in August. He suspects that I will not go into labor in the next 2 weeks so as of now we are definitely looking at an August Baby and a Leo just like her mommy...... Here is a description of the Leo Girl!( I think daddy is going to have his hands full with 2 leos in the house:):)

"The Leo girl is always the center of attention...all day and every day...and that's exactly how she likes it. This young lady will never be seen at anything but her best with hair perfectly groomed and sporting the latest fashions complete with designer labels. Of a flamboyant nature, she adores the spotlight and is blessed with creativity and drive, but there is a tendency here for things to be taken far too personally. The Leo girl's hobbies including acting and other artistic endeavors. She will also enjoy playing tennis, horseback riding and sailing. Ever sociable, the girl governed by Leo tends to be the leader of any group...and the larger the group, the better she likes it. Therefore, big schools will be top of the list when it comes to choosing a college or university. Although she is prone to be something of a "handful" at time, the Leo girl is sure to "go places" and have plenty of fun in getting there."