Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The best sound in the world...


I have always loved the sound of laughter from Avery. I would say that thus far it has been my favorite sound on any day of the week.... Well today I have finally heard the word that every mother waits to hear...... Avery has been practicing many sounds lately. The minute we get in the car she decides it is a great time to start 'talking' up a storm... The sound that we hear most often from her is babababababababa.... which is ironic because we call her bottle her baba.


Today Geoff and Avery were in the other room talking to each other and I decided to sneak up on them and catch some sweet moments between daddy and daughter. The minute that Avery saw me standing in the doorway she started to whine and sure enough out of her mouth on 2 separate occasions came those beautiful words... MAMA as she was reaching out for me! There is no doubt that she has made that connection and she is exercising her voice and needs!

AHHHHH... the sweet sound of mama....Sure makes me smile. When people tell me that as a mother you have the best job in the world it is days like this that certainly confirm that for me on so many levels!!!!

Avery said "Mama".....3-23-2010