Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We have found a daycare for baby Sherman!

We have been searching in the last month or so for a daycare for baby Sherman when mommy goes back to work. I am blessed that my work is allowing me to take off August-January 1st but I had no idea how far in advance you have to inquire about daycare these days (I guess that is a first time mommy for you) . One of the places I talked to told me that she could get me on the waiting list and I can expect to have my child into the facility by the time she is age 2 or 3. Are you kidding me? Is this the country club of all daycares?

Geoff and I have discussed all the options for her including a nanny and in home daycare, but ultimately I was more comfortable with a daycare setting at this point. After much research she now is on the waiting list for a brand new daycare that is just down the street from our new house. Not only is it conveniently located for us, but it also has an exciting curriculum for infants as young at 6 weeks. The facility is called Little Sunshines's Playhouse and Preschool and it is a franchise located in the states of Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. Although it is going to be very hard to leave her in someone elses' care, it will be nice to know she is in a wonderful and safe social environment and until then I am going to enjoy my last 4 months of this pregnancy and a wonderful first 5 months of her life while at home and not working....

http://www.littlesunshine.com/index.html