Sunday, March 29, 2009

She's a night owl.....

I am excited to share that baby Sherman has been very active as of the 20th week of pregnancy. I can feel her every day now which has been amazing! The once 'flutters' are stronger and more of a kick now. There is no denying what I am feeling at this point.... Daddy has been able to feel his little girl when he puts his hand on my belly at just the right time.

I read that at this point the baby has distinctive sleep patterns sometimes sleeping up to 18 hours a day, but that these patterns will remain quite the same when she is born. So my thoughts are that we are going to have a night owl on our hands which is ironic because neither mommy or daddy can make it up past 10:00pm most nights.

Baby Sherman is the most active at night and I have even been waking up in the middle of the night to feel her moving around like crazy. Last night, I woke up for my nightly bathroom break and I ended up staying up from 3:30-4:30am feeling her move. I think it is the most incredible feeling ever and I just couldn't get myself back to sleep because I was enjoying all the dancing she was doing.

I unfortunately have been battling a cold/flu for the past week and I have spent the 2nd half of my spring break on the couch. I think the end is in sight though, but it is hard when you cannot take any medicine to speed along the process. I am determined to get out of the house today, take a shower and maybe even see the inside of the gym for the 1st time in a week.....

We packed up more of the house this weekend and are slowly getting ourselves ready for the big move in a couple of weeks. We will start moving boxes over next weekend. I cannot wait to get to the new house only a short time left living in our town home!